Located very close to the intersection of roads M-302 and M-311 in the direction of San Martín de la Vega, 3 km from Morata. A route leads to the top of the so-called Cerro de la Iglesia, the place where it is located and rises on a trench network.
Inaugurated on the 7 October 2006, occasioned by the 70th anniversary of the creation of the International Brigades, it stood as a tribute to the international brigadistas for their struggle in the battle of Jarama on February 1937.
It is the work of the brilliant sculptor Martín Chirino, who was recently named adopted son of our town and consists of two large hands made of corten steel that meet in close embrace.
The monument has a total height of 7 m combining sculpture and pedestal, resulting in a set of great visual power, accentuated by its location on the hill.